I have a collection of jars that I have a hard time trowing away. Do you have the same problem? I wish our city recycled them. I decided to used pink, yellow, and blue acrylic paint.
- I poured one color into the jar and swirled it around and let it drip down the sides.
- Then, I poured another color and repeated step 1.
- And again with the third color.
- I then turned the jar upside down onto wax paper and let the paint drip to the end of the jar for a few minutes.
- Last, I let the jars sit upright overnight to dry and tada they were ready!
In the last picture above, I made some tags by cutting scraps of paper and gluing onto the tag. I changed my mind when I had left over acrylic paint from the jars. I wasn't ready to throw it away so I painted the tags. I love how the acrylic paint combined to make new pretty colors. I now have a beautiful collection of tags to use for different occasions! :)
I now want to paint some sort of abstract painting. I need to buy supplies for this next little project.
I am no artist but I do come from a family who is. My mother is a beautiful painter and so was my grandmother.
|My mom's painting.|
It's never too late to learn how to paint!