Sunday, July 17, 2011

DIY Ampersand


I was inspired to make this Kate Spade inspired ampersand when I saw it here at Caitlin Wilson DesignThat was a while ago.  I did get around to doing this a few weeks ago and am now posting it.  I want to put it on a wall in the living room.  I am not very good at accessorizing but I will give it a try soon.  I followed this tutorial at High-Heeled Foot in the Door and tweaked it a bit.  Instead of using the craft knife to cut the whole ampersand out I simply used scissors to cut the outside part of it and used the craft knife to cut the inside.  I originally bought acrylic craft paint.  I later realized that it may not withstand the exposure to light for too long so I bought some acrylic paint for paintings in Permanent Rose and filled the white part with Titanium White.  Instead of using a paint brush to paint the pink part I used a sponge brush.  This turned out to be a very easy project.  I am quite pleased with it. :)

 


♥ Esther


No comments:

Post a Comment