Friday, July 1, 2011

Family Outings

It has been a few weeks since my last post.  Lets face it, it's going to happen...I will go a few weeks without a post.  So I will not make any promises about being better.  I will just try my best to post regularly. 
*** 
Noble Pig Sandwiches

A couple of weeks ago we went and tried a new restaurant.  Noble Pig Sandwiches.  They have a great sandwich menu.  The food was delicious.  I swear I have driven by there thousands of times and have always missed it.  I ordered the Thai Chicken with jalapeno-cabbage slaw and cilantro. I loved the TNP Fresh Pickles it came with so much that I bought a jar to enjoy at home.  The kids orders come with a cute little pig sugar cookie! 


This photo by Ethan





Can you see the little cookie?

 ***
South Padre Island

We went to visit family and friends last weekend and I took the kids to South Padre Island for a little while last Friday.  It was overcast that morning, that means a great setting for pictures.  The boys just loved it.  It was actually a little chilly and the water was cold.  We did not want to leave but we had too.  We'll be back later this summer.



We got to the beach through the Blue Water access.  The red flag means the water is rough and choppy.  I was very cautious with the kids.  It took me a good 20 minutes to chill out.  I was worried they would be pull under by an undertow.  It happened to me as a child when I was vacationing in Acapulco.  That was scary. 

This picture is a little dark.  I need to buy Photoshop.







Devan




The sun came out as we were getting ready to leave.  I wish I was back at South Padre Island.
Don't you?

Have a great weekend.

Happy 4th!!

Esther






No comments:

Post a Comment